Well I picked the last carrot out of my garden and that means that the fall garden is officially over. Never have I grown carrots like I did this year and they were so sugary, definelty going to plant more in the fall. I do have some kale and lettuce that is seeding out. The green onion is not longer edible and you can definetly smell it when you walk out side. I just like to leave some to look at. It's like little pom poms plus I need to keep the bees around for the squash. All of the lettuce is finally pulled and gone. I think my neighbors and co-workers think I am the crazy lettuce lady with as much as I have given away. That also means I will have to add it to the grocery list again. And with that the summer garden is planted...more on that later.
Monday, April 26, 2010
Last remants of the fall garden
Well I picked the last carrot out of my garden and that means that the fall garden is officially over. Never have I grown carrots like I did this year and they were so sugary, definelty going to plant more in the fall. I do have some kale and lettuce that is seeding out. The green onion is not longer edible and you can definetly smell it when you walk out side. I just like to leave some to look at. It's like little pom poms plus I need to keep the bees around for the squash. All of the lettuce is finally pulled and gone. I think my neighbors and co-workers think I am the crazy lettuce lady with as much as I have given away. That also means I will have to add it to the grocery list again. And with that the summer garden is planted...more on that later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So pretty. Mimi
ReplyDeleteBeautiful! You're quite a good photographer!
ReplyDelete