Monday, April 19, 2010

Girls Weekend

I think I had been anticipating Girl's Weekend since the day we planned it. Katie and I headed to Austin to relax and have fun with Beckie. We started it off with lunch at Chuy's and the blue corn enchiladas...YUMMY! Of course we had to have drinks as well and my mojito was so refreshing sitting on the patio. Then we went to get pedicures before going for massages. It had been awhile since I had a massage so it was a little awkward at first but soon got over that feeling. Although I did have the dilemma of having a runny nose and lying face down, good thing for tissues. I did fall asleep about five times but I just thought of it as a compliment to the masseuse for doing such a good job. Just a little embarrassing to wake yourself up snoring, oh well I will never see that person again in my life. It was then to shoe shopping where Beckie of course out shopped us both, but that's not new. Then we were headed to the Melting Pot, problem though it was raining cats and dogs outside and no one wanted to go get the car. So we all take off our shoe and make a run for it. Katie and I ran to the wrong car as Beckie is laughing hysterically. By the time we make it the Melting Pot we are drenched from head to toe. The fabulous pictures below show the proof. The Melting Pot was delicious the creamy cheese and bread, the yummy shrimp and chicken, and don't forget the Long Island Ice Teas. Dessert was the best with all the fruit in the yummy chocolate and don't forget the chocolate marshmallows, Jeff would have been so jealous. Then back to Beckie's house for lots of reminiscing and then off to sleep. Sunday was brunch and then back home. Great thing is my weekend ended on fabulous note with my brand new refrigerator installed and in order thanks to my wonderful husband. What a great weekend, I can't wait for another one!



1 comment:

  1. It was a truly great weekend, but these are some pretty awfuly piotures. Good thing we have all learned to laugh at ourselves.

    ReplyDelete