Saturday, February 19, 2011

Chicken Nuggets

Lauren's favorite lunch meal is chicken nuggets with frozen peas, a cheese stick, and a banana.  So being a good Mom I buy the Tyson all breast meat chicken nuggets thinking that she is getting a good nutritious lunch.  Then one Saturday we had that meal together.  One bite of a chicken nugget and I felt like I was eating a warm sponge with juice and no flavor.  Yuck!  How could I be feeding to my child!  So I go look at what is in these things and I cannot pronounce half of the words.  So I think what I am going to do?  Then I look for a recipe for homemade chicken nuggets and get out the food processor.

First I chopped five chicken breasts in the good old food processor.  Easier than I thought it would be.  Then I chopped an onion and then the corn flakes as well.
To the chicken I add the onion, two eggs, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and parsely.  Then I get my hands dirty and mix it all together.
Then I scoop out the nuggets...cookie scoop has more than one use.
Then I roll them in cornflakes and make a nugget.  Twenty minutes later in the oven and we have chicken nuggets.  They are really good and actually taste like chicken.  Also there is texture and no spongy juice glob.  Jeff likes them.  I like them.  Lauren likes them except for the parsley so next time I will need to chop it a little more finely.  All in all great chicken nuggets without all the words I cannot pronounce.  And you know what it cost less than the premade ones.  That is one Sunday afternoon I will have to repeat and maybe have Lou join in on the fun!Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment